Horrible Gelatinous Blog

The paranoid ramblings of Nova Invicta.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Nombre Quatre

I must now continue with my chronicle of the events that take place within our INT class, the most notable of which is our foray into forums. Alliteration is sweet.

I was instructed to go to our school's Snitz Forum (Snitz? That's the best kind of forum!), and so I did, by adding "snitz forum" to the end of the address bar. Spaces are generally (read: always) frowned upon among web addresses, so I assumed it was a shortcut of some sort.

Upon my arrival at the forum, I found, not a bustling marketplace of ideas and new concepts, but rather an empty-looking expanse of Nothing. Was this a boring, featureless, heavily filtered and regulated administrative tool that had been thrust upon us, the student body, in one of the lamentable fits of sadism that seems to beset teachers from time to time, or was it rather a clean slate, ready to be moulded and shaped into something wonderous and magical? Fortunately, I found out that it was the latter.

Sitting forlornly at the top of the message board list was the imaginatively-titled "Litter in the School", and I replied with my opinions on the subject. Somehow I had anticipated the misspelt, crude posts of a select few of my fellow students, and I was not disappointed. Despite the forums being part of an assessment task, even the warnings of the teachers had failed to stop the tide of blatant indifference towards the proper use of the English language.

Regardless of this, the forums were still full of ingenuous topics from fellow students, ranging from discussions about teachers that are particularly well-liked by the students to conversations about what is tolerable and intolerable when dealing with water-bombs. Unfortunately we were not allowed to reply to these "upstart" topics, but the forums continued to be a valuable resource to those wanting to hear the opinions of their fellow students.

Until next time, I take my leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home