Horrible Gelatinous Blog

The paranoid ramblings of Nova Invicta.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Nombre Trois

Now, it would seem, it is the time that the true purpose of this blog is realised. It is mostly intended as a chronicle of the events that occur within this INT class, though paranoid ramblings are 'tastic also. It is to this purpose that I must now begin to dedicate these entries, at least in part. I shall never forgo my precious ramblings! Never!

Moving on, then. Perhaps the most notable activity I recently undertook was that of Web Quest. "Aha!", I thought. Maybe I shall be required to go on some sort of quest, possibly involving a web of some description! Or at least get to slaughter some innocents by telling everyone that they're "foul monsters". Everybody hates foul monsters, even cats. Anyway, I soon discovered that Web Quest was more in the way of a shopping spree than an actual quest, but I still enjoyed squandering other people's riches. Who says we weren't supposed to actually buy the items?

And so I fought my way through the dense wilderness of an Excel spreadsheet, typing my adventures on it such as a great explorer might draw a series of cells on a tree, in which to publish his findings on some exotic new amphibious possum. It was hard going, though, as the only species I could find universally throughout the aforementioned Web was the diminutive and common iPodus Nanous. Others spoke of things they called A Dozen Roses, but the quality and brand of that type of flora undoubtedly varied between countries, making a comparison difficult. Indeed, as I set out I had had hopes of seeing a Microsoftius Xboxius, and so I found one, at least in Australia, but as I journeyed to other lands it was not to be seen, although I did observe traces. I was puzzled that these traces should be the only evidence of this usually common and often-sighted species, for it seemed highly irregular that an entire country should have only accessories for the well-known Xboxius, and not even a single specimen for me to study.

As a last resort, I altered my pronunciation of the mating call that would usually summon it, but as I did, strange energies began to writhe and crackle about me, and I broke off my search abruptly. However, I could not pull back before a strange shape materialized in front of me. To my immense surprise it began to speak in a booming, otherworldly voice. "STOP!" it boomed. "THE SITE YOU REQUESTED IS BLOCKED UNDER EDUCATION QUEENSLAND'S MANAGED INTERNET SERVICE FILTERING POLICY!" Needless to say, I got out of there quick-smart. Even so, the strange shape that seemed to be able to alter even the inalterable laws of physics so as to deny me entrance to areas of the Web that it deemed unsuitable intrigued me. Perhaps I shall reflect upon it anon. Until next time, I take my leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home